Publisher: Paizo Publishing
gameMode: Pathfinder

http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/NEWSOURCE-197

Complete
In-Progress
Not Implemented

Contents of the book:

Archetypes [2]
Kapenia Dancer (Magus), Thundercaller (Bard)

Feats [2]
Deadly Dealer, Thunder and Fang

Equipment (Armor) [2]
Hide shirt, Klar

Equipment (Misc.) [6]
Barbarian chew, Harpy musk, Scarf, Scarf (pocketed), Scarf (reinforced), Varisian idol

Equipment (Weapons) [6]
Bladed scarf, Earth breaker, Klar, Shoanti bolas, Starknife, Totem spear

Traits [33]
Alabaster Outcast, Best Customer, Coincunning, Cypher Resistance, Daring Doomsayer, Dockside Avenger, Emissary, Empyreal Cultist, Exchange Agent, Ex-Sczarni, Fixer of Odds, Foreign-Tongued, Harrow Chosen, Humble Beginnings, Local Know-It-All, Monument Scholar, Nontraditional Native, Portentous Perception, Regional Influence, Regional Recluse, Roof Racer, Ruin Raider, Sandpoint Faithful, Savage Breaker, Serpent Runner, Shoanti Steed, Shoanti Tattoo, Thrill Seeker, Town Gossip, Underbridge Dweller, Varisian Immunity, Varisian Tattoo, Winner's Luck

I have a nearly completed version of this as it was relevant for some players in our local gaming group.

- Currently a couple traits aren't quite finished (4-5 of the 33 in this book - as I have some questions for implementation which I'll post separately).
- Need to finish the two Archetypes, which I've not dug into much but from quick look they don't seem to change all that much so they might not be super crazy difficult. (Though this would be the first set of Archetypes that I've tried.)

I hadn't submitted it yet as I wanted things closer to completion, but if it helps I can submit and make updates.

Let me know.
SLoPPYALieN

Re: [Paizo] Pathfinder PC: Varisia, Birthplace of Legends

Postby SLoPPYALieN » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Code: Select all
Humble Beginnings
KEY:Trait ~ Humble Beginnings
CATEGORY:Special Ability
TYPE:Trait.RegionalTrait
PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Trait ~ Humble Beginnings],[!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RegionalTrait]
DESC:You didn't have any intention of becoming an adventurer, but a single, unexpected confrontation changed everything.
Choose one of the following: boot, bucket, frying pan, mug, rolling pin, spade, or stool. You are treated as having the Catch Off-Guard feat when wielding the chosen item. (These items should all be considered improvised melee weapons that deal 1d4 points of bludgeoning damage.)
MULT:YES
CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|STRING|Boot|Bucket|Frying Pan|Mug|Rolling Pin|Spade|Stool
SOURCEPAGE:p. 27

• Perhaps a VFEAT:Catch-Off Guard for the Catch Off-Guard portion for the chosen item - likely to be added as weapons and to do the portion about considered improvised melee weapons.

Empyreal Cultist
KEY:Trait ~ Empyreal Cultist
PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Trait ~ Empyreal Cultist],[!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RegionalTrait]
DESC:Your faith in the empyreal lords—a host of good demigods—and your fascination with the legendary Angel of the Arvensoar have you constantly on the hopeful lookout for celestial messengers. Choose an empyreal lord as your patron deity. You gain Celestial as a bonus language and a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy checks when dealing with good-aligned humanoids.
CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|DEITY|PANTHEON=Empyreal Lords
AUTO:LANG|Celestial
BONUS:SKILL|Diplomacy (vs. Good-aligned humanoids)|1|TYPE=Trait
SOURCEPAGE:p. 21

• Other than creating individual kits for each of the different Deities associated with this, and adding the kit based on LIST... is there an easier way to add deity? Perhaps my SearchFu sucks.

vbol_abilitycategories.lst:
ABILITYCATEGORY:Regional Trait Choice
VISIBLE:QUALIFY
EDITABLE:YES
EDITPOOL:YES
FRACTIONALPOOL:NO
TYPE:TraitRegionalChoice
PLURAL:Regional Trait Choices
DISPLAYLOCATION:Traits

vbol_abilities.lst:
Regional Influence
KEY:Trait ~ Regional Influence
PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Trait ~ Regional Influence],[!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RegionalTrait]
DESC:Although you live some distance from the city-state your community owes fealty to, you've been influenced by its sophisticated urban ways. Determine the city-state of which your home is a holding. You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks with one Profession skill and one of the following benefits.
SOURCEPAGE:p. 27
CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILL|Profession%
BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1|Type=Trait
BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Regional Trait Choice|1

Regional Influence / Korvosa
KEY:Trait ~ Regional Influence ~ Korvosa
TYPE:TraitRegionalChoice
PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Trait ~ Regional Influence
DESC:Gain Infernal as a bonus language. If you already have this language, gain a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy checks.
BONUS:SKILL|Diplomacy|1|Type=Trait|PRELANG:1,Infernal
AUTO:LANG|Infernal|!PRELANG:1,Infernal

• I based these off of the Outlander trait with child abilities (Lore Seeker, Exile, Missionary) whose description does not print out on the Output Sheet (slightly annoying to have just the generic Outlander description, without the extra description of what the child choice was... So I wanted to make sure they printed so I came up with the following to MOD the Description of the original ability so that it prints with the extra child ability description. And shows what the name of the child ability that was chosen in the OUTPUTNAME.
CATEGORY=Special Ability|Trait ~ Regional Influence.MOD
DESC:Gain Infernal as a bonus language. If you already have this language, gain a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy checks.|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Trait ~ Regional Influence ~ Korvosa

1. So ultimately I'm trying to figure out a way to grant the language if they don't have the lang and if they do already have it to gain the +1 trait bonus to Diplomacy.
    1. What I have implemented looks like it ends up giving the +1 trait bonus to Diplomacy checks if they already have the language.
    2. If they don't have the language it does the AUTO:LANG part and adds the language as an Auto Language, but that language doesn't print on the Character sheet (bizarre - probably a good reason why it doesn't). It also gives them the +1 trait bonus to Diplomacy checks. Possibly a VAR would work thats value gets set to 1 if they already have the language, and they don't get the plus 1 to Diplomacy if the var is set.
If this one gets a solution that should take care of the other traits that aren't listed in this post as they are implemented nearly the same way and have a choice that is similar to the Trait ~ Regional Influence ~ Korvosa.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm getting close, and trying to learn what I can as I go.

I also have Quests and Campaigns started for our Pathfinder group which has 23 more Drawbacks in it to go with the 17 Drawbacks from the Ultimate Campaign that I have added to my campaign homebrew data set, but that can be another topic for another day once I'm done with this source.

Cheers!
Last edited by SLoPPYALieN on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLoPPYALieN

Postby Nylanfs » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Sloppy if you want you can attach the LST files instead of pasting the code in. At least until we get the CODE bbcode added in to hide walls of text. I'm also curious as to the text colors you use. I find the colors hard to use in tapatalk, mine is set to a bark back ground colour.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby SLoPPYALieN » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:36 am

Nylanfs wrote:Sloppy if you want you can attach the LST files instead of pasting the code in.

It shows the following for my Forum permissions:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

I can edit my post and use the Code BBCode if that will help lower it down.

At any rate I have a version of this New Source available on my GitHub repository - here.

Working on another commit that hopefully will be completed later this weekend, depends on the weather. :)
SLoPPYALieN

Postby Nylanfs » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Hmm I thought we did allow attachments. My bad. :)

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:51 pm

We could, but considering all the other places we allow attachments, it may be best to consolidate. I would suggest the attachment get placed on the corresponding JIRA, since that is a proper place to review it anyways.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby SLoPPYALieN » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:35 am

I screwed around with GIT some more and was able to finally get the repository/branch/upstream setup properly, committed my changes, and did the Pull Request (https://github.com/PCGen/pcgen/pull/64). Hope that helps.

I found that I cannot attach files directly to the NEWSOURCE-197, but can attach files to other JIRA's that I have opened. Thinking that there is something to do with not being the Reporter so I don't have access/permissions to be able to Attach Files to someone else's submission. *shrug*

Anyway, hope I did everything correct for getting it to GIT.
SLoPPYALieN

Postby LegacyKing » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Included.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby SLoPPYALieN » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:47 am

Sent an update this evening, and a pull request:

Updated some traits, still have a couple that I'm having difficulties grasping a way to perform what is necessary.

Dabbled with the Thundercaller Archetype as it looked to be the easier of the two choices to start with, and think it is close to finished.

Alabaster Outcast - Need to find a way to either: Add to Kit or AUTO:EQUIP - a single additional non-magical item worth no more than 200 gp [Not sure if able to do a GEAR:TYPE=xxx in a Kit or CHOOSE:EQUIPMENT|TYPE=!Magic -- and some means of cost restrictions.]

Empyreal Cultist - Is there a means to add a Deity via an Ability? Or should I make separate kits for the Empyreal Lords that could be applied via the choice made in the chooser?

Humble Beginnings - Not sure where to begin on this one. Treat as having Catch Off-Guard feat while weilding chosen item. Treat item as improvided weapon; deals 1d4 bludgeoning. [ Perhaps make a weapon for each choice, with SPROP Catch Off-Guard bonus mentioned ]

Serpent Runner - One of the options is to choose Armor Type, while wearing armor of that type treat armor check penalty as if -1 lower. [Cannot think of how to do the -1 to the Armor Check Penalty -- Tried something like the following but it didn't quite work: CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|ARMORTYPE|% BONUS:MISC|ARMORACCHECK|1|PREARMORTYPE:1,LIST ]
SLoPPYALieN

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:23 am

A) Kits are not easy to automate. AUTO:EQUIP is feasible, and will take a PRExxx.

E) There is no method to force a deity selection from Ability.

H) VFEAT:Catch Off-Guard|PREEQUIP:1,x OR Make the weapons. Either way is acceptable. You can do an AUTO:EQUIP based upon the selection.

S) Not an easy task, however, you're on the right track - CHOOSE:ARMORTYPE|Light|Medium|Heavy
BONUS:MISC|ARMORACCHECK|1|PREEQUIP:1,ARMOR.Light|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,ClassName ~ Serpent Runner (Light)

Double check the syntax for the PREEQUIP.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby SLoPPYALieN » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:35 pm

LegacyKing wrote:E) There is no method to force a deity selection from Ability.

Given there is no method to do this (couldn't think of a reason why there would be) I'm going with a forced PREDEITY:1,PANTHEON.Empyreal Lords instead.

LegacyKing wrote:S) Not an easy task, however, you're on the right track - CHOOSE:ARMORTYPE|Light|Medium|Heavy
BONUS:MISC|ARMORACCHECK|1|PREEQUIP:1,ARMOR.Light|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,ClassName ~ Serpent Runner (Light)

Double check the syntax for the PREEQUIP.

Thanks for the assist there... I was able to get it to work using ACCHECK vs. ARMORACCHECK - tried multiple permutations using ARMORACCHECK and no PRExxx statements and could not get it to trigger, but with ACCHECK it appears to have worked correctly:

BONUS:MISC|ACCHECK|1|PREEQUIP:1,TYPE=Armor.Light|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Trait ~ Serpent Runner ~ Armor Light

I'll see if I can finish up the other Archetype this weekend and send another Pull Request. :D
SLoPPYALieN

Postby SLoPPYALieN » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Sent another Pull Request this afternoon with the last Archetype added, Kapenai Dancer. It appears that it was actually just as Easy as the Thundercaller Bard Archetype.

Alabaster Outcast - Additionally, you start play with a noble's outfit, a signet ring, and a single additional non-magical item worth no more than 200 GP.
[*] I kitted the Noble's Outfit and Signet Ring. I played with a bunch of different type options, and tried reading through the .java code for EquipmentChooser, ChooserUtilities, etc to see if there was a means to place a COST criteria for the chooser, but didn't find a means to do it. I'll admit my java skills aren't top notch, but more like novice at best.

Other than that one Trait, I believe all available content has been added. I re-thumbed through the PDF document a few times to make sure I didn't see anything that I missed the first time when making the checklist of content of the book.
SLoPPYALieN

Postby LegacyKing » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Okay, pulled in, I'll review after homework.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to New Sources