Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

[Pathfinder] Homebrew - Missing Homebrew Data set

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

[Pathfinder] Homebrew - Missing Homebrew Data set

Postby Aphyria » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi, just going to preface this by saying that I'm really new to the forums, so if this is already answered elsewhere and I've skimmed over it, sorry!

I was looking at the LST File classes page, which refers to a 'my homebrew' data set; however, when I look through the folders, I can't find it anywhere.

The main reason I'm doing this is because there's a good chance my character will be receiving a modified version of the drider template down the line (basically a single 'class level' with everything other than the spell-casting and ability score boosts from the Drider CR +2 template), and I've been using PCGen for my character sheet so far. If it's possible to make this template work via homebrew PCGen, it'll probably make my life easier in the long run.
Aphyria

Re: [Pathfinder] Homebrew - Missing Homebrew Data set

Postby LegacyKing » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 pm

I opened the zip folder, and homebrew exists in more than one location. Though the one I always recommend is the data/homebrew

The only difference between homebrew and what is provided, is that homebrew is code you enter, and have to test.

Templates are fairly easy to get working.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Nylanfs » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:47 am

The homebrew folders "used" to be right under the data folder, but since then they have been customized to fit the game systems more and are under the "data/<game system>" folder

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby Aphyria » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:09 am

Either I was very blind when I was searching (and using the actual search function wasn't helpful sadly), or something weird happened, but I can see the homebrew folder now. Now I just need to get started on making the template! Sorry for the confusion and silly question - not sure how I missed the folder before.
Aphyria

Postby Nylanfs » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:29 am

I'm totally sure it's not because somebody hacked in and put it there after you looked... :-)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby Aphyria » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:26 am

You know, with my luck, I wouldn't actually discount that as a possibility haha.

On a side note (and apologies if I should be starting a different thread for this): Aside from the template, I'm also looking at recreating the 3.5 Dead Eye feat http://alcyius.com/dndtools/feats/drago ... index.html

I took an attempt at it myself, but my knowledge of coding is pretty limited, and even with the documentation, I've still managed to mess it up. Can't seem to figure out where next to go with this, so help would be much appreciated. I can copy across what I have currently for the abilities lst file, just promise not to laugh too much if my lack of competency is blatantly obvious xD

It may also be that I haven't built one of the other files correctly (the pcc or the ability categories files), but I did a quick load with and without the abilities file there, and it only becomes a problem when it's present - I have the error log for that as well if needs be.

Sorry again if my questions/requests are in the wrong place.
Aphyria

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:02 pm

New threads are ALWAYS best practice for new topics. Everyone who sees a reply to an answer figure it is a "Thanks, that solved it".

Post what you have in a new thread, and I promise I will try very very hard to suppress any mirth arising from seeing improperly formatted code. :P

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Since I realize I am rather busy... here is a quick and dirty version:

Dead Eye SOURCELONG:Dragon Compendium SOURCESHORT:p.95
TYPE:Fighter.General
DESC:Your precision with ranged weapons translates into more telling strikes than you could normally make.
PRETEXT:Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot (PH), Weapon Focus (PH) (Any Ranged Wepaon), Base attack bonus +1, DEX 17
PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=FEAT,Point Blank Shot
PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=FEAT,Weapon Focus(TYPE=Ranged)
PRETOTALAB:1
PRESTAT:1,DEX=17
BENEFIT:You may add your Dexterity bonus on damage rolls made with ranged weapons for which you have the Weapon Focus feat, so long as the target is within 30 feet. Special - Dead Eye does not increase the damage dealt to creatures immune to critical hits. A fighter may select Dead Eye as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to Homebrew LST File Support