Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Complete Nub Needs Help

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

Complete Nub Needs Help

Postby Jarhead » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi All

I need some help adding homebrew elements to PCGEN for use with the pathfinder ruleset.

I need to add a custom race : Azlanti, which recieve a +2 to all ability scores

I then need to add an Item with the following abilities:
Shard of Greed
Source Pathfinder #61: Shards of Sin pg. 69 (Amazon)
Aura overwhelming transmutation CL 25th
Slot none; Price —; Weight 1 lb.
Description
The Shard of Greed is made of black adamantine. As long as the Shard of Greed is carried, its owner can use haste as a spell-like ability once per day, gains a +2 insight bonus on saves versus transmutation spells, and gains a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls.

Curse: The owner becomes greedy, and is sickened whenever she is not wearing at least 500 gp per Hit Die in nonmagical jewelry and fine clothing. Each time the owner sells a belonging or gives one away, she must succeed at a DC 20 Will save or take 1d4 points of Wisdom damage.
Destruction
A shard of the Sihedron cannot be destroyed individually. Only by recombining them into the Sihedron and then using that artifact's method of destruction can one destroy the shards.

I need complete step by step instructions as far as possible, please
Jarhead

Re: Complete Nub Needs Help

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:05 am

When I get home late tonight I will be able to reply. It is a holiday weekend, so I don't expect many answers between now and tonight...

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Re: Complete Nub Needs Help

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:44 am

Okay,

Quick and dirty cause I need to do school work and I'm about ready to crash:

Race Name <tab> BONUS:STAT|ALL|2

Done, that's all you need for your race to have the +2 to all attributes.

Equipment in an equipment file is easy:

Shard of Greed
SOURCEPAGE:p.69
SPROP:The Shard of Greed is made of black adamantine. As long as the Shard of Greed is carried, its owner can use haste as a spell-like ability once per day, gains a +2 insight bonus on saves versus transmutation spells, and gains a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls. Curse: The owner becomes greedy, and is sickened whenever she is not wearing at least 500 gp per Hit Die in nonmagical jewelry and fine clothing. Each time the owner sells a belonging or gives one away, she must succeed at a DC 20 Will save or take 1d4 points of Wisdom damage. Destruction A shard of the Sihedron cannot be destroyed individually. Only by recombining them into the Sihedron and then using that artifact's method of destruction can one destroy the shards.

If you want it to grant bonuses, then you would add BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Insight, and SPELLS:Shard of Greed|TIMES=1|TIMEUNIT=Day|Haste

The conditional saves are more complicated, as that requires something like this:
ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Equipment ~ Shard of Greed

and then an ability file

Equipment ~ Shard of Greed
CATEGORY:Internal
ASPECT:SaveBonus|2 insight bonus on saves versus transmutation spells

There you go.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing