Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Creating Ioun (Western Star)

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

Creating Ioun (Western Star)

Postby Nylanfs » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:30 pm

Somebody from Reddit is trying to make the Ioun (Western Star) from Occult Mysteries.

This is the code they have, they followed a ring as the basis.
Code: Select all
# Equipment Name                    Type                            Contains                    Cost        Weight  Source Page         Caster level        Combat bonus    Misc bonus              Add to base move            Multiply base move      Save bonus      Bonus to Situation                          Bonus to skill                                  Stat bonus                                                                                                                                                                                      Modify VAR      Special Property
Ioun Stone (Western Star)           OUTPUTNAME:Ioun Stone, [NAME]   TYPE:Magic.Wondrous.Ioun    COST:4000   WT:0.02 SOURCEPAGE:p.101    SPELLS:Magic Item|TIMES=ATWILL|CASTERLEVEL=3|Disguise Self   

I attempted to help via making a normal ioun with an ability but the spell isn't showing up, like the ring.

Code: Select all
Item
Ioun Stone (Western Star)            OUTPUTNAME:Ioun Stone, [NAME]            TYPE:Magic.Wondrous.Ioun                                                                           COST:4000   WT:0.02                           SOURCEPAGE:p.101    ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Ioun Stone / Western Star

Ability
Western Star         KEY:Ioun Stone / Western Star         CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Ioun Stone.Equipment.Western Star.Ioun         DESC:As a standard action, its user can alter his appearance as with a disguise self spell.   STACK:YES   MULT:YES   CHOOSE:NOCHOICE                                                                                                                        SPELLS:Magic Item|TIMES=ATWILL|CASTERLEVEL=3|Disguise Self

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Re: Creating Ioun (Western Star)

Postby LegacyKing » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Paul,

Unless there is a stacking issue, the CHOOSE:NOCHOICE code can be dropped. SPELLS will add it to SLA section, if you want the actual spell to show up you'd need a SPELLKNOWN assigned to a class. The code you supplied handles what you are requesting.

The reason for everything in the ability is to allow a Wayfinder a chance to shut off the abilities if desired, or allow stacking in certain circumstances.

The silly question I have to ask... did you actually "equip" the Ioun stone?

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Re: Creating Ioun (Western Star)

Postby Nylanfs » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:49 pm

Yes, and i equipped a ring of feather falling which is what he is wanting it to show up as.

Edit: i also added the spells tag directly to the ioun stone but it doesn't show up there either which is why i tried the released core design.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Return to Homebrew LST File Support