Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Homebrew not being pulled in

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

Homebrew not being pulled in

Postby LearnTribe » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:09 am

Hello,

I've tried to add the Urban Bloodrager archetype from Heroes of the Street as a homebrew file.

I struggled to make sense of the data and tabbing structure without a GUI interface to add the appropriate details, so used the existing Urban Barbarian archetype as a starting point for the syntax and tabbing then edited it, but it doesn't show up when I include the homebrew folder as a source.
I then copied the data from the file I created and pasted it into the advanced classes acg_abilities_class.lst file. When I did that the archetype appeared in the list, but I got an error when I tried to add it to the character "you cannot select any more abilities".
Clearly I've still got a bit of work to do on this, but I'd welcome any advice on what I've missed from anyone who's been through the process already.
Thanks.
LearnTribe

Re: Homebrew not being pulled in

Postby Nylanfs » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Have you watched the videos on pcgen.org?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby LearnTribe » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:52 am

Hello Nylanfs,
Yes I've watched the videos. I had another go at adding the content as homebrew last night and spotted that I'd missed renaming the start of the lst file from "my_" to "mpc", which makes me think either the template pages should be prefixed with mpc instead of my, or the shortsource example should be "my" to match the files.
The urban bloodrager is now listed and can be selected - only thing I now need to figure out is tweaking the data so that it makes the correct modifications (no medium armour, and fast movement=true, which are different from the urban barbarian that I copied as a base).
Thanks.
LearnTribe

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:41 am

Sounds like you went into the other homebrew files... We have a couple of them. ;)

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby LearnTribe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:18 pm

OK I'm stumped.
I've added the Urban Bloodrager details to homebrew - couldn't quite work out which bits belonged in mpc_abilities_class.lst and which belonged in mpc_abilitycategories.lst as there doesn't seem to be complete consistency between different source data, so I duplicated the same info in each file (when I tried just using one file it didn't work). I can select the archetype without any errors, and when I generate the character sheet it displays Urban Bloodrager as the archetype, but although it correctly shows that fast movement is still a class ability, instead of displaying the controlled rage feature it still displays the standard rage - which makes me think it isn't actually taking any of the class features from the archetype, although it must be referencing one of the files to display anything. The original source for the data was the Urban Barbarian, and I worked through that changing it where appropriate as the two archetypes have differences - at one point generating the character sheet displayed the move rate without the fast movement, so I assumed at that point that I was on the right track, and after a couple of edits the movement rate increased.
Any advice on where I'm going wrong - I tried to attached a copy of the mpc_abilities_class file, which is referenced in PCGen6701\data\pathfinder\homebrew\my_homebrew\__my__campaign.pcc but it won't accept the attachment, so I've copied the code below - apologies for making this post longer!
Thanks.

Code: Select all
# CVS $Revision: 21546 $ $Author: amaitland $ -- Fri Jun 17 21:51:56 2016 -- reformated by PCGen PrettyLST v6.06.00
# All Material Used from this Web Site - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/spellslinger
# ORIGINAL ENTRY: Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
# ORIGINAL ENTRY DATE: 2012-02-03
# Implemented 2nd printing errata: 2014-01-27, Stefan Radermacher

###Block: Bloodrager Archetypes
# Ability Name   Unique Key                  Category of Ability   Type                                                                                 Required Class      Multiple Requirements                                                                                                                           Description                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Ability                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Cost      Source Page      Aspects

Urban Bloodrager   KEY:Bloodrager Archetype ~ Urban Bloodrager   CATEGORY:Archetype   TYPE:Archetype.BloodragerArchetype.BloodragerClassSkills,TYPE.BloodragerMediumArmorProficiency                           PRECLASS:1,Bloodrager=1   PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,Bloodrager Archetype ~ Urban Bloodrager],[!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,TYPE.BloodragerClassSkills,TYPE.BloodragerMediumArmorProficiency]                              DESC:Like the urban barbarian, the urban bloodrager has learned to control her rage in so-called polite society. Though she lacks the untamed resilience of her wilder fellows, she's an expert at keeping her rage from causing collateral damage in crowds.                                                ABILITY:Bloodrager Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Urban Bloodrager ~ Weapon and Armor Proficiency|PRECLASS:1,Bloodrager=1   ABILITY:Bloodrager Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Urban Bloodrager ~ Skills|PRECLASS:1,Bloodrager=1   ABILITY:Bloodrager Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Urban Bloodrager ~ Controlled Rage|PRECLASS:1,Bloodrager=1                                                                                                               COST:0   SOURCEPAGE:p.31   ASPECT:Archetype Base Class|Bloodrager

###Block: Bloodrager Archetype Abilities

# Urban Bloodrager
Weapon and Armor Proficiency   KEY:Urban Bloodrager ~ Weapon and Armor Proficiency   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:BloodragerClassFeatures.ArchetypeAbility.SpecialQuality                                                   DESC:An urban Bloodrager is not proficient with medium armor or shields.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      SOURCEPAGE:p.31
Skills            KEY:Urban Bloodrager ~ Skills               CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:BloodragerClassFeatures.ArchetypeAbility.SpecialQuality                                                   DESC:An urban Bloodrager does not gain Handle Animal (Cha), Knowledge (nature) (Int), or Survival (Wis) as class skills; instead, she gains Diplomacy (Cha), Knowledge (local) (Int), Linguistics (Int), and Profession (Wis) as class skills.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        CSKILL:Acrobatics|Climb|TYPE=Craft|Intimidate|Perception|Ride|Swim|Diplomacy|Knowledge (Local)|Linguistics|TYPE=Profession   SOURCEPAGE:p.31
Controlled Rage         KEY:Urban Bloodrager ~ Controlled Rage         CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:BloodragerClassFeatures.Extraordinary.ArchetypeAbility.SpecialQuality                                          DESC:When an urban Bloodrager rages, instead of making a normal rage she applies a +4 morale bonus to her Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution. This bonus increases to +6 when she gains greater rage and +8 when she gains mighty rage. She may apply the full bonus to one ability score or may split the bonus between several scores in increments of +2. When using a controlled rage, an urban Bloodrager gains no bonus on Will saves, takes no penalties to AC, and can still use Intelligence-, Dexterity-, and Charisma-based skills. This ability otherwise follows the normal rules for rage. This ability alters rage.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     SOURCEPAGE:p.31

###Block: Rage Expansion
# Ability Name            Unique Key               SORTKEY   Category of Ability      Type                                       Define                                                         Description                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Stackable?   Multiple?   Choose      Bonus Ability Pool                           Modify VAR                                                                                                         Source Page      Temporary Bonus
Controlled Rage                                    CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:RageSelection.RageSelectionAlt                        DEFINE:ControlledRageBonus|0   DEFINE:ControlledStrBonus|0   DEFINE:ControlledDexBonus|0   DEFINE:ControlledConBonus|0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Controlled Rage Choice|1               BONUS:VAR|ControlledRageBonus|4   BONUS:VAR|ControlledRageBonus|2|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.Greater Rage   BONUS:VAR|ControlledRageBonus|2|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.Mighty Rage            TEMPBONUS:PC|STAT|STR|ControlledStrBonus|TYPE=Morale   TEMPBONUS:PC|STAT|DEX|ControlledDexBonus|TYPE=Morale   TEMPBONUS:PC|STAT|CON|ControlledConBonus|TYPE=Morale   TEMPBONUS:PC|VAR|Raging|1
# Selection (1 only)
Controlled Rage (Allocation Choice)                     SORTKEY:1a   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Controlled Rage Choice                                                                                       DESC:Select this to determine each +2 Bonus allocation as you increase.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Controlled Rage Allocation|ControlledRageBonus/2
Controlled Rage (Strength)                        SORTKEY:1b   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Controlled Rage Choice                                                                                       DESC:Select this to assign full bonus to Strength.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  BONUS:VAR|ControlledStrBonus|ControlledRageBonus
Controlled Rage (Dexterity)                        SORTKEY:1c   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Controlled Rage Choice                                                                                       DESC:Select this to assign full bonus to Dexterity.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  BONUS:VAR|ControlledDexBonus|ControlledRageBonus
Controlled Rage (Constitution)                     SORTKEY:1d   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Controlled Rage Choice                                                                                       DESC:Select this to assign full bonus to Constitution.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               BONUS:VAR|ControlledConBonus|ControlledRageBonus

# Allocation from "Choice" up to 4 selections
Controlled Rage +2 Strength                        SORTKEY:1a   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Controlled Rage Allocation                        DEFINE:ControlledStrBonus|0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 STACK:YES   MULT:YES   CHOOSE:NOCHOICE                                       BONUS:VAR|ControlledStrBonus|2
Controlled Rage +2 Dexterity                        SORTKEY:1b   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Controlled Rage Allocation                        DEFINE:ControlledDexBonus|0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 STACK:YES   MULT:YES   CHOOSE:NOCHOICE                                       BONUS:VAR|ControlledDexBonus|2
Controlled Rage +2 Constitution                     SORTKEY:1c   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Controlled Rage Allocation                        DEFINE:ControlledConBonus|0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 STACK:YES   MULT:YES   CHOOSE:NOCHOICE                                       BONUS:VAR|ControlledConBonus|2

###Block: Ultimate Combat
# Ability Name                              Multiple Requirements                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          FACT
CATEGORY=Archetype|Bloodrager Archetype ~ Urban Bloodrager.MOD      PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Archetype,Bloodrager Archetype ~ Urban Bloodrager],[!PREFACT:1,ABILITIES,Bloodrager_Archetype_Proficiencies=True,Bloodrager_Archetype_Rage=True]                                                                                                                                                                                          FACT:Bloodrager_Archetype_Proficiencies|true   FACT:Bloodrager_Archetype_Rage|true   FACT:Bloodrager_CF_Proficiencies|true
LearnTribe

Postby LegacyKing » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Send whatever it is you are having issues with to me -- help@pcgen.org. I shall take a look at it when I have the free time.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby LearnTribe » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks Andrew, I've sent you a copy of the files.
LearnTribe

Postby LegacyKing » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:30 am

Reviewed and replied.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to Homebrew LST File Support