Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Pathfinder (Skyrim Homebrew)

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

Pathfinder (Skyrim Homebrew)

Postby jameslkight » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello all! I am currently in a long-term Skyrim campaign using Pathfinder. Thankfully, PCGen is a robust program that solves most of the character issues I have with the specifics of this campaign.

I have been able to use the homebrew directory to create setting specific Feats, Traits, Weapons, and Armor.

However, we are looking to break the Human race (in Pathfinder) to several specific backgrounds, each with their own starting bonuses and abilities. Bretons, Nord, Redguard, and Imperial. Further, in this Skyrim campaign, Humans as a base race have specific abilities (and then subrace specifics, such as Nord abilities, and so on).

Further, we are also looking to have the same for Dunmer and Bosmer Elves, as well as Kajit, Argonian, and Orc. All of these can (I assume) use the base stats from similar races found in the corebook and other sourcebooks (catpeople, nagaji, elf, half-orc, human, etc.)

My main question: How many files are involved? Surely not just the _races or _abilities files. Honestly, my preference is to contain each of the "new" races AND their abilities in one file, but if the PCGen system prefers all of that information in separate files, then how is that set up? It seems I am finding race information here and there without a sense of consistency, and least from my newb perspective.

I'll give one very specific example:

In our Skyrim campaign, Humans as a whole are as such:
• Medium Humanoid
• Base land speed: 30 ft.
• Languages: Imperial Common plus 1 per Int Bonus
• +1 additional skill point per level (this is hard-coded in our campaign, and not an option to be switched out)
• +1 additional Feat at 1st level (same as the +1 skill point...intended to be hard-coded)

Racial Bonus Trait:
Gain one of the Alternate Racial Traits at 1st level and an additional one at levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20. You gain the trait changes but do not replace the base abilities. (We want to allow Racial Traits as a bonus, and would NOT require that the PC switch out another trait to get this Racial Bonus Trait. Also, as a side note, I know that there are a number of human racial traits that are in books that have not been implemented, I can handle putting those in for the time being).

Racial Bonus feat:
Gain one of the Racial Feats for Humans at 4th level and an additional one at 8, 12, 16, and 20. (This also is intended as an extra Human Specific feat. Other races are able to choose their own race-specific feats at the same levels)

Now, in addition, there are 4 subsets of the Human race in our Skyrim campaign, and I'll list one here as an example:

Redguards of Hammerfell:
• +4 to saves versus all poisons at 1st level
• Poison Immunity at 11th level for natural poisons
• Poison Immunity to all other poisons at 16th level.
• Aid SLA 2/day
• Weapon Focus with all one-handed weapons (right now I am simply granting a GM bonus feat for each weapon I am carrying, and if this is too difficult, I can continue to use as-is)

Thank for the time and consideration! I look forward to suggestions and comments!

James
jameslkight

Re: Pathfinder (Skyrim Homebrew)

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:39 am

Do you want the quick and dirty way or did you want to do it a bit properly?

I'm game for either, but it makes a difference in my instructions.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby jameslkight » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:02 am

I'm in this for the long haul, and especially since I will most likely have more to enter later, let's have the proper way.
jameslkight

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:37 am

Okay,

In that case let's make this proper.

1)
Human.MOD <tab> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Human Subrace|1

2)
ABILITYCATEGORY:Human Subrace <tab> CATEGORY:Internal <tab> VISIBLE:QUALIFY <tab> TYPE:Human Subrace <tab> DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

3)
I'll give two examples, the rest you need to handle:

Standard Human <tab> KEY:Human ~ Base <tab> CATEGORY:Internal <tab> TYPE:Human Subrace <tab> DESC:Use this for normal Pathfinder Human

Redguard Human <tab> KEY:Human ~ Redguard <tab> CATEGORY:Internal <tab> TYPE:Human Subrace <tab> DESC:Homebrew Skyrim Subrace <tab> SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=2|CASTERLEVEL=3|Aid <TAB> ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Weapon Focus (Weapon Key)|Weapon Focus (Weapon Key)|Weapon Focus (Whip)|Weapon Focus (Longsword)|Etc... <tab>
ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Racial Poison Resistance ~ Tier 1|PREPCLEVEL:MAX=10 <tab>
ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Racial Poison Resistance ~ Tier 2|PREPCLEVEL:MIN=11;MAX=15 <tab>
ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Racial Poison Resistance ~ Tier 3|PREPCLEVEL:MIN=16 <tab>
BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Human Racial Bonus Feat|TL/4
BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Human Racial Bonus Trait|1+(TL/4)

# These will be separate bonuses
Racial Poison Resistance ~ Tier 1 <tab> CATEGORY:Special Ability <tab> ASPECT:SaveBonus|+4 to saves versus all poisons
Racial Poison Resistance ~ Tier 2 <tab> CATEGORY:Special Ability <tab> ASPECT:SaveBonus|+4 to saves versus all poisons; Immunity to Natural poisons
Racial Poison Resistance ~ Tier 3 <tab> CATEGORY:Special Ability <tab> ASPECT:SaveBonus|Immunity to Poisons

*NOTE: Verify the syntax for the PREPCLEVEL:MIN/MAX as I'm doing this all from memory and it's past my bed time...

* I didn't set up a Racial Trait or Racial Bonus feat ABILITYCATEGORY. Also, you cannot, and I will repeat this to make it clear! You cannot re-use the existing Human Alternative Racial Traits by just selecting them, this will FAIL. Instead, you need to specifically copy/paste them that you want to use and place them in your human racial trait pool you made, remove the special types appended or facts if they exist. You will also need to build your own racial feats.

Now, to incorporate a base Skyrim Human, do me a favor - OPEN a Data Feature Request here: https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net -- Request "Please allow for Homebrew Human Subraces"

Once you do that, I'll alter the base human in PCGen to be a lot more customizable so your locked abilities are locked in, but that will be Phase II.

Bed time for now.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to Homebrew LST File Support