Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

[Pathfinder] Homebrew racial abilities don't display

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

[Pathfinder] Homebrew racial abilities don't display

Postby diztracshon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi, so I just finished coding a set of homebrew races for 6.06.01 and for some reason I can't find, the racial abilities aren't displaying. When I made races for 6.04, I didn't have the same problem and I can't work out what's wrong since the log doesn't show any errors and the Racial Abilities tab under Feats & Abilities shows the racial traits as existing. They don't show on the output, though, for some reason.

Here's an example of one of the races and one trait, from my_races.lst:
Code: Select all
Aldar   SORTKEY:a_base_pc   STARTFEATS:1   SIZE:M   MOVE:Walk,30,Fly,50   FACE:5   REACH:5   LANGBONUS:Aklo,Auran,Draconic,Dwarven,Gnome,Sylvan,Undercommon   BONUS:STAT|INT|2   BONUS:STAT|WIS|2   BONUS:STAT|STR|-2   BONUS:VAR|Maneuverability|3   AUTO:LANG|Common|Aldar   ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Race Traits ~ Aldar   ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Flight Maneuverability      DEFINE:Maneuverability|0   RACETYPE:Humanoid   RACESUBTYPE:Aldar   TYPE:Base.PC.Rare   FACT:IsPC|true

Ability category, from my_abilitycategories.lst:
ABILITYCATEGORY:Aldar Racial Trait      VISIBLE:QUALIFY   EDITABLE:YES   EDITPOOL:NO      FRACTIONALPOOL:NO      CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:AldarRacialTrait      PLURAL:Aldar Racial Traits   DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

one trait, from my_abilities_race.lst:
Race Traits ~ Aldar      CATEGORY:Internal

CATEGORY=Internal|Race Traits ~ Aldar.MOD      ABILITY:Aldar Racial Trait|AUTOMATIC|Aldar ~ Mountaineer|!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.AldarMountaineer

Mountaineer   KEY:Aldar ~ Mountaineer   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:RacialTraits.SpecialQuality.Extraordinary.AldarRacialTrait.AldarRacialDefault   VISIBLE:DISPLAY   PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Aldar ~ Mountaineer],[!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.AldarMountaineer]   DESC:Aldar are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb and Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.

If you need more code, I'm happy to give it.

Thank you in advance for any help.
diztracshon

Re: [Pathfinder] Homebrew racial abilities don't display

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:36 am

Doug answered this by email --

I'm pretty sure the VISIBLE:DISPLAY in the ability is the culprit; that means the ability will show up in the UI, but not on the output sheet.

DS/DL

--
I'll add, he's correct. VISIBLE:DISPLAY is for UI only.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Re: [Pathfinder] Homebrew racial abilities don't display

Postby diztracshon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Thank you, the problem is resolved now (except for going back and editing a bunch of stuff)
diztracshon

Return to Homebrew LST File Support