Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Custom Class LST files

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

Custom Class LST files

Postby zabom » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:01 am

I have made several attempts at making custom classes, but have never been successful at making the files work correctly. For example automatic feats do not seem to be applied, and and proficiencies seem to get buggered up. I am now wanting to become more proficient at this, and in the process I would like to write an app. I work in LiveCode which is very easy to use to write basic data collection and manipulation apps. I believe I can make a wizard like app specifically designed to produce custom class LST files, but I need a better understanding of the data structure of the LST files. When I look a them all I see is a mess with no uniform delimiter or explanation of what each data element represents relative to the output. I also am unsure how the files work relative to each other. For example if I create a new feat do I just reference that in the feats file or is it needed in other files as well? Is there a good reference to this information anywhere? What I have found is very vague and confusing.
zabom

Re: Custom Class LST files

Postby LegacyKing » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:04 am

Hi,

Probably be easier to show you, then explain it in great detail here. You able to join me on hipchat? https://www.hipchat.com/gzYdCc3Vn

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby zabom » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:19 am

I might be able to tomorrow. What would be a good time?
zabom

Postby LegacyKing » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:37 am

Evenings, typically after 6pm PST. There are others available that might be able to assist you if you show up early. Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Nylanfs » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:08 am

Also check out the Homebrew sample dataset in each gamemode for good samples and inline comments.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Return to Homebrew LST File Support