Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Hiding/removing 2 races

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

Hiding/removing 2 races

Postby wiccanwanderer82 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:42 am

I'm using PCGen to track characters for a playable Book Series I'm writing for WoTC:SRD 3.5. I'm making a homebrew so that people can submit characters to add to the story or just create their own characters to use in the playable encounters. I've figured out how to add Deities and Region of Origin, remove the sub-races in SRD, and edit the races I want to use. My problem is, Races in my world are separate species, and cannot interbreed. How do I remove Half-Orc and Half-Elf from the race selection screen?
I've tried adding both
Code: Select all
LSTEXCLUDE:rsrd_races.lst
PCC:@/35e/wizards_of_the_coast/rsrd/basics/_rsrd_basics.pcc

and
HIDETYPE:RACE|Half-Orc|Half-Elf

to the pcc file, but it doesn't work. I'm using my own race.lst which is currently just data/35e/wizards_of_the_coast/rsrd/basics/rsrd_races.lst with sub-races, Half-Orc, and Half-Elf removed.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I very much appreciate any help you can offer.
edit: I forgot to mention I'm using version 6.06.01
wiccanwanderer82

Re: Hiding/removing 2 races

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:56 am

Try

LSTEXCLUDE:@/35e/wizards_of_the_coast/rsrd/basics/rsrd_races.lst

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby wiccanwanderer82 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:01 am

LegacyKing wrote:Try

LSTEXCLUDE:@/35e/wizards_of_the_coast/rsrd/basics/rsrd_races.lst

The file name actually starts with an underscore. If I remove it, it just screams about the file not existing. It's like Half-Elf and Half-Orc are referenced somewhere else, but I'm too much of a noob to find it.
wiccanwanderer82

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Our standard files do not start with underscores except the pcc file. The race file is as stated, as the lead developer for the content team, I can say that the race file we release is named 'rsrd_races.lst'.

Feel free to post the log.

You could .FORGET the race, but I'm curious why hiding the two races are required. As GM, you can just say "We aren't using any Half-races." and be done. I mean, if you really really want to learn how to exclude races, that's fine. But I'm concerned your code is incorrect because of a typo.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby wiccanwanderer82 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Sorry, I misread your post. I got it to work with the .forget tag. The reason I need to hide the races is I don't want to have to explain why they are available if they aren't going to be used, to each and every person who might want to create a character for my story. Also, it is excluding the race.lst file with just the file name. Also, I had to put the race in my race.lst in order to forget it.
wiccanwanderer82

Postby Nylanfs » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:25 am

You also could put some kind of PRE variable on the race and have a GM Allowed template that opens it up for a certain player if you change your mind in the future.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby wiccanwanderer82 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:19 am

By the time I'm done with this, I'm sure I'll know a lot more of how to do it, but right now, I have a fully functional homebrew with only one issue.
22:02:38.815 INFO Thread-12 SourceFileLoader:518 Loading game 35e and sources [It Takes A Kingdom (D20 Revised (v.3.5) System Reference Document)].
22:02:43.918 SEVERE Thread-12 CDOMFactory:124 Unconstructed Reference: PCTemplate Divine Rank (0)
22:02:43.919 SEVERE Thread-12 TrackingReferenceContext:119   Was used in file:/C:/Users/wicca/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen60601/data/35e/wizards_of_the_coast/rsrd/epic/rsrd_races_epic.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.TemplateLst]
22:02:43.919 SEVERE Thread-12 CDOMFactory:124 Unconstructed Reference: PCTemplate Innate Divine Rank
22:02:43.920 SEVERE Thread-12 TrackingReferenceContext:119   Was used in file:/C:/Users/wicca/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen60601/data/35e/wizards_of_the_coast/rsrd/epic/rsrd_races_epic.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.TemplateLst]
22:02:43.920 SEVERE Thread-12 CDOMFactory:124 Unconstructed Reference: PCTemplate Quasideity
22:02:43.921 SEVERE Thread-12 TrackingReferenceContext:119   Was used in file:/C:/Users/wicca/AppData/Local/PCGen/PCGen60601/data/35e/wizards_of_the_coast/rsrd/epic/rsrd_races_epic.lst in tokens: [plugin.lsttokens.TemplateLst]

But I'll worry about that later. Thank you to everyone for helping a guy, who's been working on this for a week, get the job done. All I have left now is data entry.

edit: Never mind, filling in the unrelated data fix the error.
wiccanwanderer82

Return to Homebrew LST File Support