Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Pathfinder Sources

For Pathfinder discussions

Pathfinder Sources

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Does anyone have a list of the current Pathfinder sources available? I can fairly easily make a table as to one that are missing, being worked on, completed, and included.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS
itty bitty living space

Marie
Codes & Colours

Re: Pathfinder Sources

Postby Nylanfs » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:59 pm

That would be useful, I think you can pull the info from JIRA. And then link to the JIRA ticket in the chart.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm... not sure how to do that. o.o v.v;

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS
itty bitty living space

Marie
Codes & Colours

Postby Nylanfs » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 pm

I shouldn't have said pull, should have said gather. In the Jira tickets under new sources you can filter by Pathfinder, and Closed that will give you what is in the releases. Then Open will give you what is being worked on. And we are using the books listed in the Community Use Approved Product List.

The link is just a link to that jira ticket for the book.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby LegacyKing » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:06 pm

You want what we have available today? ALPHA is anything that is worked on, but incomplete, BETA and RELEASE are in the release. That should help get the list going. Ignore Devotional Support and Domain testing or things that don't jive, what you have here is a complete look that isn't available to the public.

Oh, leave 'Wyrd of Questhaven' and 'Granny Drake' off the list. Those would be a homebrews.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Laughing Goblin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Could we get a column in the final *official* table for what is Paizo and what is not (or just simple "developer" field)?
Laughing Goblin

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:49 pm

LegacyKing wrote:You want what we have available today? ALPHA is anything that is worked on, but incomplete, BETA and RELEASE are in the release. That should help get the list going. Ignore Devotional Support and Domain testing or things that don't jive, what you have here is a complete look that isn't available to the public.

Oh, leave 'Wyrd of Questhaven' and 'Granny Drake' off the list. Those would be a homebrews.
<images clipped for space>

Is that all pathfinder?

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS
itty bitty living space

Marie
Codes & Colours

Postby LegacyKing » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:16 pm

That is all the sources playable in Pathfinder. Yes. Did you want the other game systems too??? That would be a lot of screen shots. :P

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Dragonsbane777 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:29 pm

I see the Advanced Class Guide, sweet! Any word on when that data set will be out?

Thanks so much for all the hard work!
Dragonsbane777

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Nope, Just wanted the Pathfinder games, specifically the Pathfinder by Paizo branded books.

PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS
itty bitty living space

Marie
Codes & Colours

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:42 am

Dragonsbane777 - It's slowly coming together, when it finishes is when the volunteers finish. A N sent me another Monk Archetype to add to the ACG.

Marie - most of those have the publisher name leading. Minotaur, Super Genius, DSP. Use that to narrow the list down. I have my paper due and can't spend much time compiling specific lists - the screen shot was full pathfinder (Paizo + other 3rd party publishers).

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby DJBlayde » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:32 am

I have source work done for the Rogue Genius Games: Guide to the Talented Monk, but it hasn't been committed yet as there are a couple issues that were pending JIRA resolution. I can submit it prior to their resolution, but had held off.
DJBlayde

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:42 am

Believe it or not, I'm on break (I know, hard to tell... me replying to folks once a day or less is a break for me. Life requires balance...)

You'd have to point out the JIRAs you are mentioning. Also, if you have the access to NFD, commit it. Pending JIRAs shouldn't hold up the submission. Just note as a comment what is unresolved in the lst files (where the issue would be), and the jira's it needs to resolve the issue.

Though, Working on new sources would belong in the forum for actual new sources ;)

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby DJBlayde » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:29 am

Yeah, sorry, I just chimed in since the topic was about what sources were available. :P I'll post more in the proper forum. :)
DJBlayde

Postby Majinonifox1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:41 am

Not sure if I'm supposed to ask this in this thread... but it's a bit relevant to the subject. So... I picked up this program to see about using it for my Pathfinder game. Trouble is, a source book is missing from the release: Champions of Purity. A couple of my players have Traits from said book, and while we could use some other program or just do everything by hand, we all like the convenience it gives. GM included. So I don't know what the policy is... but is there any way I could get access to at the very LEAST Champions of Purity? If not, no big deal. I can wait until everything with it has been hashed out and gotten ready for BETA. Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Majinonifox1

Postby Distant Scholar » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:31 am

I don't think anyone is working on Champions of Purity at the moment, and we have some big-ticket items (like Advanced Class Guide) using up a lot of the volunteers' free time. I'm not sure when we'll get to it.

If it's just a trait or three that you're looking for, someone may be able to work those up for you quickly. What are you interested in, exactly?

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data 2nd/Chimp ... I think
Distant Scholar

Postby LegacyKing » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:07 am

Majinonifox1 wrote:Not sure if I'm supposed to ask this in this thread... but it's a bit relevant to the subject. So... I picked up this program to see about using it for my Pathfinder game. Trouble is, a source book is missing from the release: Champions of Purity. A couple of my players have Traits from said book, and while we could use some other program or just do everything by hand, we all like the convenience it gives. GM included. So I don't know what the policy is... but is there any way I could get access to at the very LEAST Champions of Purity? If not, no big deal. I can wait until everything with it has been hashed out and gotten ready for BETA. Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.

Hi,

I'm back in school and working, so can't do much about pcgen except fix a bug or implement a small feature at the moment. Books are developed on a as-requested and monkey-wants-to-work-on-it basis plus actually has access to said book (pdf or physical).

Please note, barring small supplements, a full scale 60-90 page book, usually takes a week or more of code time. Really depends on the level of detail the monkey puts in. Anyways, figure a solid 60 hours, or 3600 minutes, of code for most books. Now, contrast that to a few traits, figure 10 minutes apiece if coding it like the others. So, 30 minutes of work versus 3,600 minutes. You'll have far greater success requesting the three traits, then requesting a book that hasn't been really requested yet.

Anyways, glancing at the development side of things, I see that Champions of Purity only has two traits that exist currently: Blessed Touch, and Careful Combatant. I also haven't seen any development on this for quite some time (read: more than 3 months easily). Best bet is to request the traits you need, if that's all you actually need. A few of us can whip those up fairly quickly. I also highly encourage people to learn LST coding. We rely solely on volunteers to add new features to pcgen.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Majinonifox1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Okay... looking at all sources, there should be at least one more Trait in there. Which is primarily the Trait that my players want: Spark of Creation. A Magic Trait that gives +1 to Craft Checks, and reduces the cost of creating magic items by 5%. I wonder why the book doesn't show that one... but that's the one my guy wants for his Crafting focused Soul Forger Magus. Please and thank you. :)
Majinonifox1

Postby LegacyKing » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:28 pm

The monkey that coded the book hasn't finished and his group wasn't likely using that particular trait. Most of us started coding to get things we wanted into the program. This took 1 minute to whip up:

Code: Select all
Spark of Creation   KEY:Trait ~ Spark of Creation   CATEGORY:Special Ability   TYPE:Trait.BasicTrait.MagicTrait   PREMULT:1,[PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Trait ~ Spark of Creation],[!PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.MagicTrait]   DESC:na   SOURCEPAGE:p.   BONUS:SKILL|TYPE=Craft|1|TYPE=Trait

Add it to an ability file to use.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to d20 (Pathfinder)