Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Level 7 Half-Elf Ranger: Move speed = 20 feet?

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Level 7 Half-Elf Ranger: Move speed = 20 feet?

Postby chshrkt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:19 am

I took my existing character sheet and attempted to create a character on PCGen that matched it as close as possible.

I am using v6.06.01 and the 'Pathfinder Core Supplements' source.
I have Hide armor and my weight is 48.

Also, I have a Deity selected (Gozreh) and Favored Class of Ranger and Druid, but it will not let me select the Weather domain. Is that as intended?

I would like to attach my *.pcg file, but do not see an option to upload
Here is a link to the file on my Google Drive that someone can download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FUbNS- ... sp=sharing

Thank you
chshrkt

Re: Level 7 Half-Elf Ranger: Move speed = 20 feet?

Postby LegacyKing » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:31 am

Hi,

Help@pcgen.org - You can always send stuff there.

6.06.01 - almost two years old.

Hide Armor is MEDIUM armor, and automatically reduces your speed.

Weight does not matter without a corresponding Strength Score to work with (Carrying Capacity and Load types will also decrease speed, Medium or Heavy reduce speed).

I'm not certain how you achieved two favored classes, but favored classes have no correlation to Domain selections. The domains available are based upon Deity.

Did you take DOMAIN as a Druid, or did you select Animal Companion? Druids only gain Domain if you chose it, and then you select it in the abilities (If I remember correctly).

Anyways, I'll take a quick look, but I'm not a pathfinder rules guru. I just code the rules in pcgen.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby LegacyKing » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 am

I don't see any Druid Class levels. Only 7 levels of Ranger. Rangers don't gain Domains last I checked. Domains are typically clerics, with a Druid gaining the ability for one, if they choose the Domain as part of their Nature Bond.

At a glance it would appear that PCGen is keeping your character rules-legal.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby chshrkt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Thanks for all the helpful information!

I have been looking for an updated version, but they all seem to be Alpha, is that just the way of things? Is it Alpha "all the way down"? ;)
I did not want to open a ticket for what I thought might be a simple question.

Of course now that you mention it, that makes sense about Domains being mainly pure casters (unless as you mention, Druids take it as a special add-on).
I just added the Druid Favored class because PCGen said I needed to choose two. :)

My group has been playing pretty fast and loose with the character rules, feats, etc. which is not in itself a bad thing, but our poor GM has been getting a bit frustrated.
I was hoping that PCGen would help keep our character's 'rules-legal' so as to reduce stress all around.
We are all fairly new to Pathfinder, so the speed reduction for Hide makes sense if it is Medium armor, I had not picked up on that somehow.
chshrkt

Return to Questions & Issues