Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Powerful Build, Large weapons and Wield One Step Greater

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Powerful Build, Large weapons and Wield One Step Greater

Postby Maha Siddha » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Powerful Build (half-giant), large weapons and Wield One Step Greater No Penalty?
(v6.04.00)

Powerful Build (Ex) Can be treated as one size larger if advantageous for size modifier for opposed checks, special attacks affected by size, and using weapons. This stacks with other size-changing effects.

Trying to understand effects of the custom equipment modifier Wield One Step Greater No Penalty with large weapons, in relation to this ability.
Specifically, why does the modifier [MAGIC] shifts from +1 to +3 (see below)?

From the troubleshooting.htm:

Attacks Masterwork Shortspear (Large/Wield One Step Greater No Penalty) Melee; Number of Attacks: 1; Crit: 20; Crit Multiplier: x2; Reach: 5 ft. To Hit: +11 = +5[BAB] +2[STAT] +0[SIZE] +3[MAGIC] +1[MISC]
Damage: 1d8+3

Masterwork Shortspear (Large/Wield One Step Greater No Penalty/Thrown) Ranged; Number of Attacks: 1; Crit: 20; Crit Multiplier: x2; Range Increment: 20 ft. To Hit: +10 = +5[BAB] +3[STAT] +0[SIZE] +1[MAGIC] +1[MISC]
Damage: 1d8+4;

Masterwork Shortspear Melee; Number of Attacks: 1; Crit: 20; Crit Multiplier: x2; Reach: 5 ft. To Hit: +9 = +5[BAB] +2[STAT] +0[SIZE] +1[MAGIC] +1[MISC]
Damage: 1d6+3

Masterwork Shortspear (Thrown) Ranged; Number of Attacks: 1; Crit: 20; Crit Multiplier: x2; Range Increment: 20 ft. To Hit: +10 = +5[BAB] +3[STAT] +0[SIZE] +1[MAGIC] +1[MISC]
Damage: 1d6+4;

I tried attaching the pcg file and got this message: The extension pcg is not allowed. Same thing with text...
Maha Siddha

Re: Powerful Build, Large weapons and Wield One Step Greater

Postby LegacyKing » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi,

MAGIC is any modifier that is unaccounted for - usually from any "BONUS".

I originally placed those EQMODs for the purposes of combinations we might not have been aware of.

In at least one of the game system - gameModes. I do have a code in place to allow users to use larger weapons without penalty. But I would need to look it up.

The question I need to know. Are the final numbers wrong?

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Maha Siddha » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:49 am

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I tried attaching the character file, but this action was denied.

The character's Dex bonus is higher than his Str, which is why I questioned the result.

The only variable I could think of that might be influencing the result was my selection of Wield One Step Greater No Penalty.

Can you change the account permissions so I can attach the pcg file (if this would help).

Other than that, I suppose I can create the character by hand and see if I then obtain a different result.

Anyway, thanks for the reply Andrew. It's appreciated regardless.

Mathew
Maha Siddha

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:15 am

I'll look into it. I could've sworn we enabled attachments for members who were past the 5 post threshold.

If you want, you can send what you want to help@pcgen.org. It goes directly to me.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Issues