Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Crossblooded Bloodline Power Selection

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Crossblooded Bloodline Power Selection

Postby aceofsween » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 pm

I've stumbled upon something that I believe may be a bug in PCGen when it comes to a Crossblooded Sorcerer.

It does not appear that the program is recognizing Crossblooded when making a Bloodline selection. Instead, it appears to be functioning as if you had normally selected two Sorcerer Bloodlines instead, which causes multiple problems.

First of all, at level 1 it allows you to select two options from the Sorcerer Bloodline Power category, one from each of the bloodlines. Instead, it should be giving you zero selections from this category and all of your bloodline powers should be selected in the Crossblooded Bloodline Power category (which correctly shows a total of 1 selection). However, because it does not recognize that you have Crossblooded bloodlines, it does not qualify you to select any of these powers. This problem carries over to later levels when you are given the option to select bonus bloodline spells. It again says you do not qualify for any of these selections again. However in this case, you do not gain any of the bonus spells you normally would, so it appears that the selection of the Crossblooded Archetype does work properly, again pointing to the issue being rooted in the choice of Crossblooded under the Bloodlines category.

I can attach a character file if needed, but everything is standard and there have been no changes to the source files at all using PCGen v6.07.06. Sources selected: Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate Campaign, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Equipment, and Ultimate Magic. (Although only Ultimate Magic which details the Crossblooded archetype should matter in this case.)
aceofsween

Re: Crossblooded Bloodline Power Selection

Postby Nylanfs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Regan just did a major refactoring of how the bloodline's work check out the release that is being announced today and see if it was fixed.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby aceofsween » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Yeah, the newest update does seem to have fixed this problem.
aceofsween

Postby Nylanfs » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:20 am

Yea!

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby aceofsween » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:33 am

Another small bug though...

Crossblooded sorcerers are not getting the Bonus Class Skills for having both bloodlines. Continuing the example of Abyssal/Draconic, the Knowledge Planes and Perception skills should be treated as class skills. However, neither are showing up as class skills on my character sheet (and I even have skill in Perception).
aceofsween

Postby LegacyKing » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Looks like Regan also fixed that. Look for the new release next weekend!

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Issues