Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

How to get a more recent build?

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

How to get a more recent build?

Postby carl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:22 am

Hi,

Is it still possible to get a nightly build of PCGen? I tried using the links on the website, but the nightly autobuilds link from the Downloads page will download 6.07.02 (see http://www.pcgen.org/autobuilds/download.html). Is there another way to get build with more bugfixes in it, or would I need to build it myself from the source code? I've reported a few bugs which have been resolved, and I was hoping to get those fixes. :)

Thanks,

Carl
carl

Re: How to get a more recent build?

Postby Nylanfs » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Currently the nightly build is broken AFAIK. You'd have setup your process to make a build.

http://wiki.pcgen.org/Basic_Developer_Setup

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby carl » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi,

It's taken me a long time, but I finally got around to getting a build set up. I followed the instructions at that page (I had to make a few small changes, as I am using Eclipse Photon, but I think everything is correct). When I run the build.gradle configuration, I get several errors. I'm not sure if this is because I am trying to do this on a Mac -- is that supported for making a build, or do I need to do this on a Windows system?

The error messages I see are:

Application cannot be resolved - /pcgen/code/src/java/pcgen/gui2/plaf/MacGUIHandler.java
Application cannot be resolved - /pcgen/code/src/java/gmgen/util/OSXAdapter.java
Application cannot be resolved to a type - /pcgen/code/src/java/pcgen/gui2/plaf/MacGUIHandler.java
Application cannot be resolved to a type - /pcgen/code/src/java/pcgen/gui2/plaf/MacGUIHandler.java
Application cannot be resolved to a type - /pcgen/code/src/java/gmgen/util/OSXAdapter.java
The type com.apple.eawt.Application is not accessible - /pcgen/code/src/java/pcgen/gui2/plaf/MacGUIHandler.java
The type com.apple.eawt.Application is not accessible - /pcgen/code/src/java/gmgen/util/OSXAdapter.java

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Carl
carl

Postby LegacyKing » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi Carl,

Flagging our developer with a Mac to see if they can assist you.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Zaister » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:45 am

That looks like a problem PCGen has with new Java versions on the Mac, and that I am currently working on solving.

Which version of Java are you using to compile?

Stefan Radermacher
PCGen Code, Data & Output Sheet Chimp
Zaister

Postby Nylanfs » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:16 am

As a quick fix somebody in the help room uninstalled Java and installed java v8.

Nylanfs

Postby carl » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Zaister wrote:That looks like a problem PCGen has with new Java versions on the Mac, and that I am currently working on solving.

Which version of Java are you using to compile?

I am using version 10; when I went to download version 9 (which was linked to on the developer setup page) it said "Java SE 9 has reached end of support. Users of Java SE 9 should switch to Java SE 10". I can downgrade to 8 if that would be preferred.
carl

Postby Nylanfs » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:35 pm

He uninstalled v10 and installed v8.

Nylanfs

Return to Questions & Issues