Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

How to only select the sources you want

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

How to only select the sources you want

Postby jk64 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am

Hello
I am using pcgen version 6.06.01 for a group that is new to pathfinder. I found the program and when I shown it to the DM she wanted everyone to use this. She is only using core book and ultimate equipment book and as far as we can tell it is impossible to load those 2 books with out loading books she wont be using
Is there a way just to load those 2 books
jk64

Re: How to only select the sources you want

Postby Nylanfs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Welcome to the PCGen forums and community!

The problem is that Paizo really, REALLY likes making all their books interdependent. Which is okay from a players perspective, but from a programming standpoint everything that Ultimate Equipment is modifying has to be loaded.

If you switch to the advanced sources tab, add the Core rulebook, and then check the Ultimate Equipment (or any other book you want to use) in the lower right there will be a list of books that it modifies and you can only load the minimum of books.

Also I would recommend switching to 6.07.08, it's quite a bit faster loading.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

Note: This forum will be closed within the next month. Pleas signup at https://pcgen.groups.io
Nylanfs

Re: How to only select the sources you want

Postby Distant Scholar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 pm

I remember coding up Path of War to take into account that a player may or may not have Advanced Player's Guide and/or Ultimate Psionics loaded, and what a troublesome thing it was.

I can imagine the horror of interlocking at least a half-dozen books (how many were out as of Ultimate Equipment?). It's ostensibly do-able, but practically unfeasible.

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data ... something or other
Distant Scholar

Return to Questions & Issues