Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

5e Output sheets

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

5e Output sheets

Postby maxikyd » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:19 pm

I haven't used PCGen since DnD 3.5 when my gaming group moved to Warhammer. I have a new group which plays 5e, but things have changed so much, and I can't figure some things out. Please, help me.

1. I can't seem to get my inventory to show on the output sheet, although they appear on the inventory tab and there is a blank space for equipment.
2. I can't figure out how to equip weapons and armor so those are on output sheet calculations. I've tried each of the various sheets, with no better result. What am I missing?

3. I am assuming that background for Acolyte is the only one in the system because it's available free online--is this correct? Was planning to use Urchin.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
maxikyd

Re: 5e Output sheets

Postby LegacyKing » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:32 pm

#1 - Please open a Bug Report - with an attached character file (*.pcg) --> https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net (I have played 5e, and haven't had any issues, but then again I haven't played in over 2 years, so who knows)
#2 - Inventory Tab in the UI - Equip the equipment to a proper Slot (Armor, Primary Hand, etc)
#3 - Yes SRD5 is rather restrictive. There are homebrew solutions if you use Google pcgen 5e and you'll likely find a complete solution. I know github has what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Postby Nylanfs » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:28 pm

The 5e SRD is more of a style guide rather than the majority of the rules like 3e & 35e was.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby maxikyd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Thank you. I followed directions for #2, and it also fixed #1. I feel like such a noob. I miss 3.5, I knew what I was doing.

LegacyKing wrote:#1 - Please open a Bug Report - with an attached character file (*.pcg) --> https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net (I have played 5e, and haven't had any issues, but then again I haven't played in over 2 years, so who knows)
#2 - Inventory Tab in the UI - Equip the equipment to a proper Slot (Armor, Primary Hand, etc)
#3 - Yes SRD5 is rather restrictive. There are homebrew solutions if you use Google pcgen 5e and you'll likely find a complete solution. I know github has what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Andrew
maxikyd

Return to Questions & Issues