Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Versatile Performance

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Versatile Performance

Postby LearnTribe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 am

Hi,
This is a real grey area, but I'm of the opinion that an item or situational bonus that is applied to a skill should also be applied to the modified performance bonus. As an example, a bard with ranks in dance can use versatile performance in place of acrobatics. This seems perfectly reasonable (better than some of the VP options). But what happens if the character is wearing boots of elvenkind and a ring of jumping? My proposition is that the bonus should stack with the performance - it's logical that anything that improves acrobatics or jumping should also improve the dancing skill used to emulate them.
I'm not aware of a definitive ruling either way, so while I'd like to see PCGen adopt this I'd understand why it might not have this as a default. However...
1) would it be possible to add this as an optional feature that users could apply as a rule, or
2) can anyone explain how this could be coded if it had to be done homebrew?
I've deliberately posed this in the forum instead of as a feature request to get feedback from other users on the idea.
Thanks.
Learntribe
LearnTribe

Re: Versatile Performance

Postby LegacyKing » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:19 am

Hit me up on Hipchat tomorrow - let's discuss this in real time, as I'm not quite understanding what you want and I'm about to fall asleep...

https://www.hipchat.com/gzYdCc3Vn

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Re: Versatile Performance

Postby LearnTribe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Sorry - had a distracting couple of days. Will try to hipchat tomorrow?
Thanks.
LearnTribe

Return to Questions & Issues