Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Black Blade not in hand

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Black Blade not in hand

Postby ngc7293 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 am

I build a Magus with the Black Blade Archetype. The Black Blade is treated as a Companion. But it doesn't show up as a weapon to used in the inventory to be equipped.
In the Companion section there isn't a weapon bonus section for the Attack and Damage (it starts out at +1, at class level 5 it goes to +2 and so on)

One other thing, the Ego stat is named but it is put in the description.
I created the Magus in 6.07.01
ngc7293

Re: Black Blade not in hand

Postby Nylanfs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:25 pm

There's quite a bit of discussion in the trackers on the black blade.

https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net/browse/OS-232?jql=text%20~%20%22Black%20Blade%22

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby Distant Scholar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:05 pm

I think I inherited the black blade magus when I was finishing up Ultimate Magic for release. When I was working on it, I was assuming users would make their own weapon using the program, and I wasn't trying to create the weapon using class abilities. So, the user would make the weapon with the correct bonuses, Ego score, etc.

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data ... something or other
Distant Scholar

Postby ngc7293 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:44 am

How would I go about this. The black Blade has a certain progression. Would I use the Inventory screen and just make a +1 sword at the beginning and change it later as the sword gets more powerful?

Though I am not so interested in the Ego, I was more interested in that it wasn't listed as a stat. How would I go about adding that in. Is this something where I would have to create a custom list entry?
ngc7293

Postby Distant Scholar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:40 pm

ngc7293 wrote:How would I go about this. The black Blade has a certain progression. Would I use the Inventory screen and just make a +1 sword at the beginning and change it later as the sword gets more powerful?

That's what I would do.

I'm not quite sure how you want the Ego score to be displayed.

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data ... something or other
Distant Scholar

Postby Nylanfs » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Use the companion sheet for treating it as such and a customized weapon on your char for attacking.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi,

When you get to choose the Black Blade as part of the ability, did you choose the specific Weapon? Like a Longsword? It's been awhile, but once you select the weapon, equip a weapon of that type, and the bonuses *should* be granted to that weapon. (Also, practically all of this is for 6.07.01 or beyond...)

There are two different aspects the pcgen program has to track, and unfortunately I could not make them one. The companion side tracks abilities granted to the companion black blade, while the equipment side, handles other items.

I suppose I could rebuild that, so you add an EQMOD to a weapon, and then everything would be granted that method, but that would involve some tedious OS work to display correctly.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Issues