Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Black Blade not in hand

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Black Blade not in hand

Postby ngc7293 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 am

I build a Magus with the Black Blade Archetype. The Black Blade is treated as a Companion. But it doesn't show up as a weapon to used in the inventory to be equipped.
In the Companion section there isn't a weapon bonus section for the Attack and Damage (it starts out at +1, at class level 5 it goes to +2 and so on)

One other thing, the Ego stat is named but it is put in the description.
I created the Magus in 6.07.01
ngc7293

Re: Black Blade not in hand

Postby Nylanfs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:25 pm

There's quite a bit of discussion in the trackers on the black blade.

https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net/browse/OS-232?jql=text%20~%20%22Black%20Blade%22

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby Distant Scholar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:05 pm

I think I inherited the black blade magus when I was finishing up Ultimate Magic for release. When I was working on it, I was assuming users would make their own weapon using the program, and I wasn't trying to create the weapon using class abilities. So, the user would make the weapon with the correct bonuses, Ego score, etc.

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data Chimp ... I think
Distant Scholar

Postby ngc7293 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:44 am

How would I go about this. The black Blade has a certain progression. Would I use the Inventory screen and just make a +1 sword at the beginning and change it later as the sword gets more powerful?

Though I am not so interested in the Ego, I was more interested in that it wasn't listed as a stat. How would I go about adding that in. Is this something where I would have to create a custom list entry?
ngc7293

Postby Distant Scholar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:40 pm

ngc7293 wrote:How would I go about this. The black Blade has a certain progression. Would I use the Inventory screen and just make a +1 sword at the beginning and change it later as the sword gets more powerful?

That's what I would do.

I'm not quite sure how you want the Ego score to be displayed.

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data Chimp ... I think
Distant Scholar

Postby Nylanfs » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Use the companion sheet for treating it as such and a customized weapon on your char for attacking.

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby LegacyKing » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi,

When you get to choose the Black Blade as part of the ability, did you choose the specific Weapon? Like a Longsword? It's been awhile, but once you select the weapon, equip a weapon of that type, and the bonuses *should* be granted to that weapon. (Also, practically all of this is for 6.07.01 or beyond...)

There are two different aspects the pcgen program has to track, and unfortunately I could not make them one. The companion side tracks abilities granted to the companion black blade, while the equipment side, handles other items.

I suppose I could rebuild that, so you add an EQMOD to a weapon, and then everything would be granted that method, but that would involve some tedious OS work to display correctly.

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Issues