Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Linux Installation of PC GEN in Linux Mint Serena

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Linux Installation of PC GEN in Linux Mint Serena

Postby Singerrbear » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:26 am

I recently ran into trouble when updating to 6.06 on my linux installation. The program refuses to load up. I have taken the following steps. Is anyone aware of problems with this distribution and Linux?

I have
* Done a clean Install (removed the old installation, cleared the trach, reloaded the distro and followed the instructions)
*Attempted to run both the shell script (.sh) and the JAR directly
* loaded the very latest JRE environment

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. any help would be appreciated.
Singerrbear

Re: Linux Installation of PC GEN in Linux Mint Serena

Postby LegacyKing » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:10 am

Hi,

The pcgen.sh file is corrupted due to windows line endings. You can either download it from the github.com/pcgen/pcgen or grab the 6.07.02 download. (Which is missing the pcgen.exe file)... but that should get you up and running. The alternative is to run a command that changes the line endings, but I can't recall the instructions (it's way past my bed time).

I can try sending it to you, but forewarning, I'm on a windows machine and might accidentally corrupt the file.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Andrew Maitland
PCGen Content SB
- Data Chimp
- Quicksilver Tracker Monkey
LegacyKing
Site Admin

Re: Linux Installation of PC GEN in Linux Mint Serena

Postby Singerrbear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks. I tried the 6.7.02 option, but ended up going to 6.06 and editing the .sh file. I really appreciate knowing that i wasn't going crazy, and i appreciate the help.
Singerrbear

Return to Questions & Issues