Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Pathfinder AC Check issue with custom Armor

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Pathfinder AC Check issue with custom Armor

Postby Iridios » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Greetings,
Using 6.06.01 and the Pathfinder Core ruleset.

I created a Fighter 2nd level character for a player I'm trying to woo into my game. I gave the character Scale Mail armor. -4 for normal but when equipped the fighters Acrobat (Jump) shows a Misc. Mod of -8, I believe it should be -4.

When loading the troubleshooting character sheet I get the following results:
Acrobatics (Jump) -5 = +3[STAT] -4[ARMOR] situational

I don't know where the additional -4 modifier is coming from. The character is listed as being lightly encumbered.

Is this a bug? If so I'll post a proper bug report. If not, what am I missing? Where is the additional -4 modifier coming from?

Thanks
Iridios
Iridios

Re: Pathfinder AC Check issue with custom Armor

Postby Distant Scholar » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:27 pm

Is the character some race with a base land speed of 20 feet? That would account for the Jump penalty.

Fun Pathfinder fact: (Core Rulebook, Sixth printing, p. 88)
Creatures with a base land speed above 30 feet receive a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for every 10 feet of their speed above 30 feet. Creatures with a base land speed below 30 feet receive a –4 racial penalty on Acrobatics checks made to jump for every 10 feet of their speed below 30 feet.

In 3.5, it was more dramatic, since it applied to current speed and not base speed: (Player's Handbook, August 2012 printing, p. 77)
Your Jump check is modified by your speed. If your speed is 30 feet (the speed of an unarmored human), then no modifier based on speed applies to the check. If your speed is less than 30 feet, you take a –6 penalty for every 10 feet of speed less than 30 feet. If your speed is greater than 30 feet, you gain a +4 bonus for every 10 feet beyond 30 feet. For instance, if you have a speed of 20 feet, you take a –6 penalty on your Jump checks. If, on the other hand, your speed is 50 feet, you gain a +8 bonus.

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data Chimp ... I think
Distant Scholar

Re: Pathfinder AC Check issue with custom Armor

Postby Iridios » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:36 pm

Distant Scholar wrote:Is the character some race with a base land speed of 20 feet? That would account for the Jump penalty.

Fun Pathfinder fact: (Core Rulebook, Sixth printing, p. 88)
Creatures with a base land speed above 30 feet receive a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for every 10 feet of their speed above 30 feet. Creatures with a base land speed below 30 feet receive a –4 racial penalty on Acrobatics checks made to jump for every 10 feet of their speed below 30 feet.

The character is human, but Scale Mail armor reduces movement to 20 ft. That seems to be it, nothing to do with race but with modified movement.

Although, maybe that needs to be shown in the troubleshooting sheet in a future update.

Thanks,
Iridios
Iridios

Return to Questions & Issues