Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

Ley Line Guardian spells cast/day not working correctly?

Where new users can post questions about PCGen, or report possible issues (bug tracking is by Jira - jira.pcgen.org)

Ley Line Guardian spells cast/day not working correctly?

Postby Janos » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Hello,

Sorry to be a a disturbance, but I am attempting to make a Ley Line Guardian Witch with your program, but I am encountering an issue where the number of spells available to cast per day doesn't appear to be working off the Sorcerer tables as they are supposed to, but rather still off the Basic Witch table. Also, to add to this, I am still allowed to "Know" Any number of spells, though the "Prepared" Section does limit me to just what the Basic Witch tables would allow (Again, instead of the Sorcerer tables). Any assistance you might be able to lend to how to overcome these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and work.

Janos
Janos

Re: Ley Line Guardian spells cast/day not working correctly?

Postby Nylanfs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:00 am

I think Gwen did those, let me drag her in here.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
PCGen BoD - PR Silverback
Forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
Nylanfs

Postby evilpixie87 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:26 pm

This is one of those weird cases where we don't REALLY have a system in place to manage spellcasters being altered drastically. I MIGHT be able to get the right number of spells per day, but limiting the spells known is more difficult. I'll see what I can do, though.
evilpixie87

Postby Nylanfs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:36 pm

I was wrong, Andrew dod OA, and it's still very rough because it's FILLED with exceptions to the rule. :)

Nylanfs

Postby Nylanfs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm

evilpixie87 wrote:This is one of those weird cases where we don't REALLY have a system in place to manage spellcasters being altered drastically. I MIGHT be able to get the right number of spells per day, but limiting the spells known is more difficult. I'll see what I can do, though.

If we get the spells per day right we can put a note in the DESC that the spells known will have to be player / DM policed.

Nylanfs

Postby Janos » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Thank you both very much, that is actually all I really ask. Spells per day being correct was the only real thing for me, as it is sometimes harder to track exactly how many one SHOULD have available to cast than it is how many are known (Since Known is a set value per level, where Known per day is a state of flux)... it is much easier to just put into the Spells prepared tab Only the number allowed to known and work with that then some of the others (especially since the person playing this Character I am making has almost NO experience playing, thus the easier it is on them, the easier on me lol). So again, I thank you for your time and effort and I appreciate the wonderful program you have.

Janos
Janos

Return to Questions & Issues