Board index

PCGen

IT IS ALIVE!!!

[Pathfinder] Houserule - Allow more Feats?

Where users making their own LST files can ask "How-To" support questions

Moderator: Nylanfs

Forum rules
This is only to post HOW-TO Questions in relation to your own personal data sets. This is not where bugs are reported, please use the Main Group for Bugs or issues.

[Pathfinder] Houserule - Allow more Feats?

Postby Merion » Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am

Hi there,

I'm new to PCGen and tried to use it to create my new character for a campaign that starts soon. My choice is an Exploiter Wizard and that's where I run into problems:

My SL and I agreed that I can take "Extra Arcanist Exploit" feat. Internet boards are torn but tend to "Yes, but ask your DM" and other character generators allow that feat (but have other problems).

Long story short: how can I take a feat that PCGen deems illegal for my class? Do I need to code a LST File (whatevert that is) or is there an other way to override this?
Merion

Re: [Pathfinder] Houserule - Allow more Feats?

Postby Distant Scholar » Thu May 17, 2018 11:10 am

[For reference: the Exploiter Wizard is a wizard archetype that gets arcanist exploits. This archetype, the arcanist class, and the extra arcanist exploit feat are all from Advanced Class Guide.]

I would argue that the Exploiter Wizard should get the Arcanist ~ Arcanist Exploits class feature (or something that qualifies as it), and thus be eligible for the feat. You probably want to raise a data bug at jira.pcgen.org.

Until it's fixed, you can go to Tools | Preferences in the menu, then under Character / House Rules in the pop-up window click on "Bypass Feat Prerequisites". You should then be able to take the feat.

Douglas Limmer
PCGen Data ... something or other
Distant Scholar

Re: [Pathfinder] Houserule - Allow more Feats?

Postby Merion » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

Thank you for the help!

I'll open a bug and use the mentioned checkbox in the preferences. So far I tried to add a level of arcanist, choose the feat and then remove the arcanist level. That kinda worked but left me with a feat marked in red. The houserule prefenrences solution is much cleaner.

Again, thank you!
Merion

Return to Homebrew LST File Support